Board of Directors
Position Summary: In cooperation with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of Salt Creek Ballet.
- Stewardship of the Company, which includes:
- Choreograph and stage classical ballets and new works consistent with approved operating budget and strategic plan
- Secure Stage Managers and other artistic collaborators
- Oversee production management
- Conduct auditions and cast productions
- Represent company locally and nationally
- Develop opportunities for company, locally and nationally
- Collaborate in community engagement programs
- Maintain positive communication with Board, Staff, and Parents
- Work with the Board and relevant committees in planning and implementing fundraising activities
- Stewardship of the School, which includes:
- Establish and maintain curricula
- Recruit and supervise faculty
- Teach class, including top levels
- Develop students for professional dance careers, while providing them with the skills they need to succeed in any field
- Establish institutional philosophy regarding competitions, including training and preparing individual students for competition if/when appropriate
- Oversee the year end school Showcase and Summer Intensive Program
- Maintain positive communication with Parents, Board, and Staff
Preference will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate:
- Minimum five years performing experience with a professional ballet company
- Intimate knowledge of ballet pedagogy
- Proven history of staging and choreography of balletic and/or contemporary works
- Proven track record of developing students
Applications & Inquiries
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Henry Fogel – email@example.com
For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity, please contact:
Mr. Henry Fogel, Search Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt Creek Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Salt Creek Ballet to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Salt Creek Ballet was established in 1985 to present professional quality dance programming to west-suburban audiences, provide high-level performance opportunities for area dancers, and encourage appreciation and awareness of dance in an underserved area. The Company’s high standards and unique blend of major classical productions and artistically diverse and challenging repertory programs have brought critical acclaim, sold-out performances, and a loyal following.
Salt Creek Ballet dancers are pre-professionals drawn from the best Chicago-area talent. Internationally known guest artists, choreographers, and designers regularly work with SCB to provide dancers and audiences alike with a level of performance usually associated with professional companies. Repertory includes traditional classical works plus original classical and contemporary works by both resident and guest choreographers.
SCB operates a 10,000, square foot facility housing four dance studios located in Westmont, IL. The organization employs nine executive, artistic, and administrative staff, eleven dance instructors, and four pianists. The School includes classes in classical ballet, character, jazz, modern, tap, contemporary, pas de deux, ballet acting, and other classes to enrich a dancer’s capabilities. Instructors are world-class professionals with impressive backgrounds and experience to share.
Salt Creek Ballet’s mission is to offer high-quality training to students of all ages, to present professional quality dance performances to diverse area audiences, to provide high-level performing opportunities for area dancers, and to encourage appreciation and awareness of dance in the community at large.
Salt Creek Ballet is a not-for-profit Illinois Corporation supported, in part, by the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency, The Grover Hermann Foundation and The MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at The Richard H Driehaus Foundation.
Salt Creek Ballet is located 20 miles west of the Chicago metropolitan area, in Westmont. The studios are 12 miles west of Midway International Airport, and 19 miles South of O’Hare International Airport. Surrounding suburban areas include Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Oak Brook, and Downers Grove.
Westmont/Hinsdale, IL has a flourishing neighborhood culture. As one of the most sought after areas to live on the outskirts of Chicago, Westmont/Hinsdale offers excellent, high-ranking schools; easy access to rail, highway and air transportation; a vibrant downtown; comfortable neighborhoods; world-class restaurants; luxury lodging accommodations; and a wide range of leisure activities. Popular attractions include the Morton Arboretum, local parks and preserves, the Brookfield Zoo, and a wide variety of retail districts nearby.